I am such a fan of pesto and this vegan recipe from Steph at The Quarter Life Health Project is absolutely amazing!
Serves 2 – 4
– 2 – 3 bunches fresh basil
– ¼ cup Pine nuts (or more to taste)
– Extra-virgin olive oil - to your desire
– 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast flakes (or more to taste)
– ½ Garlic clove, or more to taste
– Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- Roughly chop your basil and place half the amount in your blender along with the other ingredients
- Optional (You can lightly toast your pine nuts on the stove before adding them in, this can give more flavour).
- Blend until smooth, but not so it’s left with no texture at all!
- Taste and adjust your seasoning to your desire