THAI SEA BASS – IT’S A WINNER
700g sea bass fillets, boned and scaled
1 400ml tin of coconut milk 3-5cm ginger, peeled and grated
3 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
2 tsp sesame oil
4-6 tbsp tamari
Juice and zest of 2 limes
1 handful mangetout
1 bunch of spring onion
1 large bunch of coriander. Extra limes and coriander for dressing. 400g Basmati Jasmin Rice
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Combine the following in a food processor to create a paste: Ginger, Garlic, Coriander, Sesame Oil, Soy, Coconut milk, lime juice and zest.
3. Cook rice in salt water until its not quite cooked. It should still be a little hard in the centre as it will steam more when cooked with the fish in the oven.
4. Strain rice and transfer to a oven proof dish. Mix paste and mange tout into rice.
5. Score sea-bass and place on top of the rice.
6. Sprinkle spring onion over fish and seal tray tightly with foil. Bake dish for 20-25 mins.
7. Remove and sprinkle with coriander and lime then serve.
(Don’t forget to try other recipes, if you like this you will love my Grandma’s Fish Tagine)