THE RESET BUTTON: ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
If you have read my travel section, you will know I went on a retreat a while ago called The Reset Button, a retreat that pivoted around mindfulness and kick started my new way of thinking and approach to health and fitness – read my full experience here!
One of the best things about the retreat was the beautifully prepared food by a chef called Irvaan Dolley (Known as Dolley Appetit on Instagram).
I have taken a few of the recipes and made them my own (basically made them easier and quicker as I am lazy), but this has stayed the same!
1 x Aubergine
1 x 400g tinned tomatoes 1 x red onion
4 x Garlic cloves
A bunch of chopped basil leaves.
1 tsp tomato purée
2 tsp dried oregano, 2 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp coconut oil
Salt and pepper
Cashews and flaked almonds to serve.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Pierce aubergine with skewer and roast for 20 mins. Remove and chop the roasted aubergine.
2. Then, in a very large saucepan, melt some coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Add onion and garlic and steam fry until soft.
4. After that Add plum tomatoes, roasted and chopped Aubergine, tomato paste, basil, 1 tsp oregano, salt (optional), pepper and stir.
5. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. While this is simmering, prepare the cauliflower. Heat a large saucepan filled with water. Parboil the cauliflower whole for 10-12 mins. Strain all water.
7. Combine 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Season to taste.
8. Brush the cauliflower with mixture and roast in over for 8-10 mins or until golden.
9. Pour sauce into large flat dish, place cauliflower in the centre and sprinkle nuts over to serve.