5 REASONS YOU SHOULD TAKE UP CYCLING
indulge in and cycling seems to have become the new craze lately.
You get to spend time outside, you get killer pins and it can even help burn fat! Whether you cycle to work or just love a casual bike ride around the park, the health benefits attached to it are not to be ignored!
The body normally burns a mix of carbohydrate, as glucose, and fat for fuel. How much of either depends on your physical activity and if, or what you have eaten recently. When you use more energy than you take in from food and drink, the body burns stored fat and carbohydrates, and then even protein, to fuel your everyday activities even if you are not exercising!
So here is how adding cycling to your routine can help in more ways than you may have thought:
- Cycling has been proven to force to fire up your neurones, boosting the creation of proteins that help the formation of new brain cells. So get pedalling, because the more you pedal, the faster your brain cells will communicate faster and more efficiently with each other.
- Spin classes may be tough, but, there is no denying how amazing and empowered you feel afterwards. Cycling is proven to elevate endorphins and dopamine, both during and after your workout, so dust of that old bike sitting in the shed and pedal your way to happiness!
- Cycling regularly helps improve circulation, increases lung capacity and can even aid digestion. So next time you’re feeling a bit bloated, know what to do!
- Cycling is an amazing way of torching fat. The combination of high intensity and low intensity movement, will kick start your metabolism and keep it raised long after you’ve finished your cycling session. You can also expect to burn around 500 calories in 45 minutes alone! Perfect for those pushed for time and rely on their commute as a form of exercise.
- Expect a stronger core and Victoria Secret model’s pins after taking up cycling! The constant change in speed and rhythm will strengthen and tighten your body and if you want to give your booty a boost, lift yourself off the seat and head for the hills!