LIGHT SLAW WITH WARM CELERY SEED DRESSING
Slaw always reminds me of my childhood, those long country walks I use to take with my mum, picking the local berries and stopping half way for a picnic in the field. It’s memories like this that inspire me to make recipes like this one, granted the slaw I had then was laced with cream, but this can be a daily alternative rather than something you have to enjoy in moderation.
200g green beans, halved lengthways and the cut in two.
1 head of a small white cabbage (you can use red if you prefer)
1 small white onion diced
4 large carrots – shredded
(OPTION TO ADD RADISH IF DESIRED)
For the dressing:
5tbsp sunflower oil
5tbsp cider vinegar
4tbsp coconut sugar
1tsp celery seeds
1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Cook the green beans for 1 minute in boiling salted water
- Drain and rinse under cold water
- Place in a large bowl with cabbage, onion and carrot
- In a saucepan, bring all the dressing ingredients to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and remove from the heat.
- Let the dressing cool slightly being tossing through the salad and serving