Choc’d up Banana Bread
Banana bread… is it bread, is it a cake? We are not really sure, but what is sure is that it tastes so divine and it definitely lights up your morning. Perfect to have when you’re in a rush before heading to work. Crio cacao beans add a touch of chocolate flavour and give you the boost you need in the morning. Baking makes them even more chocolatey!
Tip: This banana bread tastes even better fresh out of the toaster, topped with jam.
3 Ripe Bananas
1 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
¼ Tablespoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Ground Vanilla
1 Crio Shot (roughly 10-12 Crio cacao beans)
1. Preheat oven at 180° degrees fan and line loaf pan with non-stick parchment
2. Peel the bananas and mash them up with a fork until smooth. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a bowl until well combined.
3. Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth
4. Pour the batter evenly in the baking pan and sprinkle the top with the Crio cacao beans
5. Bake for 45-60 minutes and leave to cool on a tray