Crio Cacao Bean Blondies
These delicious vegan and gluten free Crio Blondies with nuts and a Crio crunch are the perfect weekend treat or desert at a dinner party. With a mix of nuts and the extra hint of chocolate from chopped Crio cacao beans, they are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Pinch of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Vanilla
1 Cup Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Vegan Milk (Almond, Macadamia, Hazelnut, Rice)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Room temperature)
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (Walnuts, Almonds, Hazelnuts)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Crio Cacao Beans
1. Preheat oven to 190° Degrees Fan. Line shallow baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
2. Mix the gluten free flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and put to the side.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, maple syrup and ground vanilla.
4. Chop the nuts and Crio cacao beans with a large knife.
5. Add the vegan milk to the flour mix, then add the coconut oil mixture. Blend until well combined. The dough should not be too solid. Alternatively, add some more flour.
6. Stir in the chopped nuts and Crio cacao beans.
7. Use a spatula to press the dough in the baking dish in an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden on top.
8. Allow to cool before slicing into squares.