Apple Puree Banana Bread
Here is my Apple Puree Banana Bread Recipe – a nice twist on a classic recipe
4 ripe bananas
Handful of raisins
1 tablespoon of honey
2 cups of oat flour
1/2 cup of apple puree
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Ingredients for the apple puree:
5-6 medium sized apples, preferably of different varieties (braeburn, cox, gala)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon low calorie sweetener (eg: Splenda)
Start by making the apple puree
1. Wash the apples then peel, core and slice them.
2. Place the apples in a large pan and then put in enough water to cover them up.
3. Bring apples to the boil, then gently simmer for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
4. Drain the apples, then, using a hand blender/ potato masher or spoon, mash the apples into a thick puree
5. Place in the fridge to cool before adding.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
7. In a large bowl, slice the bananas and use an electric mixer to mash.
8. Add the honey and raisins and blend. Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
9. Add applesauce and eggs and mix well. Blend in the remaining ingredients.
10. Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and let stand again for 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.